International Rubber Study Group
Welcome to the International Rubber Study Group
- The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) is an inter-governmental organization with the main objective of improving the transparency of the world rubber market and strengthening the international cooperation on rubber issues.
The IRSG is recognized as an International Body through the negotiation of a Headquarter Agreement with the Government of the United Kingdom in 1978. Subsequently, a new Headquarter Agreement with the Government of Singapore was signed in 2008.
- The Study Group has no provision for market intervention activities of any kind and is independent of the private sector.
- The IRSG Secretariat is based in Singapore.
Global Rubber Industry
Production and Consumption of Natural and Synthetic Rubber.
Note: Russia is included under Europe and the Middle East under Africa.
All figures in ('000 mt)
The IRSG Community: Members, Subscribers and Partners
The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) is the biggest worldwide community in the rubber economy. Our members, subscribers and partners represent governments, companies and organizations that are shaping and transforming the rubber industry in strategic and socially responsible ways. The Group is a platform for senior executives and representatives to provide insights through dedicated meetings, working groups, conferences and projects....
Scope of Activities
- To collect, process and publish improved statistics on rubber markets, both for natural and synthetic rubber.
- To compile and publish other relevant information on rubber, including environmental, health and safety regulations.
- To provide a forum for consultations on issues of interest to rubber producing and consuming countries and their industries (from smallholders to the final consumers)
- To undertake economic analysis, on topic such as price volatility, capacity building and social issues.
51 Changi Business Park Central 2
Unit #06 – 04/05 The Signature
+65 6588 0463
Fax: +65 6588 0468
GST Registration No: M90368096N
Tax Registration No: T08NR0001L